If this is your first visit or you haven't done so already, please subscribe to my RSS feed to get regular updates.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

How Comcast increases customer satisfaction (well, sort of)

By a strange coincidence considering what I wrote about yesterday, a colleague sent me this note today along with the image below:

Yesterday, I went through the online process to sign up as a new Comcast customer.  This included a chat with a customer service representative.  At the end, I was forced through a satisfaction survey page.  That survey is attached here.  Important to note: this is a screen shot of the page when I first arrived *BEFORE* I had interacted with the survey at all.  (In other words, note the pre-selected radio buttons).

So, in other words, if you don't interact with this survey at all, and just click Submit, you will effectively indicate that you've had a perfect experience.  I guess that's one way to get your customer satisfaction numbers up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, the scale isn't balanced on the last question. Of the four options (not including "no opinion") three indicate that they were at least a little helpful.

It should read:

Very helpful
Somewhat helpful
Not very helpful
Not helpful at all

How can people be making decisions with flawed survey instruments such as these?

Anonymous said...

I think they may have finally perfected the customer survey! Nice job Comcast :P